Home > Whitepaper
This is a draft and subject to change prior to the public on-sale and token issuance.
The Block Reward Project (BlockReward.art) is a series of 6x6 inch 'blocks' inspired by the ongoing cryptocurrency revolution.
The goal of the project is to:
- inspire artists to create and collaborate (artists will be able to contribute their own blocks to the chain)
- raise awareness about crypto currency and blockchain technology (visual art can be very impactful)
- provide a platform for artists and collectors to participate in the token economy (utilizing the stellar ecosystem)
- make art affordable and accessible (small format/affordable price)
How will it work?
- Collectors can purchase art blocks at BlockReward.art
- Once an art 'block' is purchased, the physical art piece will be shipped to the collector and will include 50 Block Reward Art Tokens redeemable through the Stellar Blockchain Ecosystem.
- Block Reward Art Tokens are an extension of the art project and can be used in the same manner as any other Stellar generated token.
- Block Reward Art Token supply is limited to the number of art blocks created or 'mined' by the art community with a max supply of 21,000,000 tokens. The mining reward schedule and halving will mimic that of bitcoin.
Stellar Build Challenge Update
The Stellar Foundation awarded the Block Reward Art Project a grant of 5,000 lumens in April, 2018.
- Add block reservation functionality to website
- Generate Block Reward Art Tokens (BRATs) using Stellar
- Begin migration of hosted images to IPFS (Interplanetary File System) or similar decentralized image hosting solution
- Migrate block information currently being stored in DB to the blockchain
- Add ecommerce functionality to website to facilitate the purchase of art blocks
- Begin shipping blocks to reservation holders and announce public onsale
- Call for artists to begin creating blocks and mining BRATs at scale